25 Jun 2013

JMD Ghoul bust - review

Today, quick review of a simple 'one piece' bust, simple, yet impressive.
Ghoul  sculpted  by Romain Van Den Bogaert.
BTW first, and so far only, JMD miniature I ever painted.


The mini:

painted by: David Waeselynck

Name: Ghoul
Manufacturer: JMD Miniatures
Product code: VDB002R
Sculptor: Romain Van Den Bogaert
Range: fantasy
Material: resin
Scale: 1:15


The box:

Again, this bust came in a plastic bag with a tag on top. But again, there is nothing that can be broken, and I bought it during the show, so it was not a problem at all.


In the box:
Sadly the bust was a bit dusty when I was taking the photos, and I had no intention of using this photos for a review...


Quality of the cast:
Outstanding, simply outstanding. There was  some issues with his upper teeth and palate,  and slight line through his head,  but all that was really easy to fix. And the level of detailing and texture is simply awesome. Especially when you  keep in mind scale of this bust and the fact that it's over 2 years old already. Below you can see some details of the bust.



Summary:
Like I said at the very beginning, this bust may look very simple, but at the same time is very impressive. With interesting sculpture (especially the spine at the back), face full of expression, and big eyes perfect for some experiments, it is a very interesting canvas for painting.

Below you can see what I was able to achieve with it almost two years ago. I must say I'm s till proud of this paintjob. Hopefully today I'd be able to paint it betterm but bare in mind this is my first bust ever.



Where to buy:
JMD miniatures
SKminiatures

 
Other JMD reviews:
Succubus
Sikh bust
Medieval bust
Yodleur Des Cascades (aka Pencil head)
Demon
Persian Assassin
Drummer bust


cheers

'eM





No comments:

Post a Comment